WEAPONS & ARTILLERY SYSTEMS
PORTABLE BALLISTIC CALCULATOR
BACARA® is portable Solution to coordinate and control field artillery fire ground -ground, for battery - powered equipped. Used at the battery command level, it figures out the best firing solution from a fire request by computing the firing data for each gun of the battery. It may also be used at the battalion command level, in order to figure out the best available means for the mission, among deployed units.
As an autonomous portable device, it may be transported inside the different command post vehicles, and may be used inside or outside vehicles. It has a battery for portable use, and it may be connected to vehicle onboard electrical network or infrastructure network for battery charging. BACARA® can be used autonomously or be connected through standard VHF Radio to cannons.The main function s of BACARA® are:
- integrated ballistic database, as per customer needs,
- user friendly man-machine interface with dynamic language switch (French, English, Arabic, Spanish...),
- management of database: guns, targets, tactical situation (format digital maps), technical firing data (meteorological messages compliant with STANAG 4082, propelling charge batches. muzzle velocities ...),
- fire request management, optimum solution computation, in relation with available means,
- fire order set-up, adjustment process.
BACARA® has been selected by 3 armies and equips 105 LG1. CAESAR® cannons and 120mm mortars. BACARA® has been deployed in 2013.